BPCM IS HIRING A PUBLIC RELATIONS ASSISTANT
BPCM is seeking talented candidates to join a growing team to work across a portfolio of fashion clients within the luxury/commercial sector. They are looking for energetic, positive candidates who can work closely with the PR team supporting across all client activities. Strong written skills are essential. The ideal candidate will have solid experience within a showroom and/or PR department.
BPCM is a client-oriented organization so you'll need to be self-motivated, results driven, flexible and persistent. Your day-to-day responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Ability to manage delivery and inventory of seasonal collections and reporting on 3-4 accounts
- Work with Junior Account Executives and Account Executives to facilitate all sample trafficking for collections
- Assisting in securing print, online and broadcast placements for clients as directed by senior team members
- Monthly and weekly client reports including the edit/credit report, published credits, sample and PR activity, weekly/monthly summation, inventories, product pitching and public relations calendar
- Fielding all press/sample requests for clients, tracking samples between publications and client offices
- Remain knowledgeable and up to date on all client collections
- Develop and manage relationships with editors and stylists
- Assist in facilitating showroom pulls with editors and stylists
- Track and monitor secured press for your accounts and distribute to team in a timely manner
- Handle correspondence with external entities for general day-to-day press requests
- Maintain press/market contact lists and ensure that all editor information is current and up-to-date in Fashion GPS database.
- Ensure there are up-to-date lists for Womens, Mens, Accessories and current lists for event coverage, fashion websites & blogs, celeb blast lists, etc.
- Keep up-to-date credit charts in spreadsheet and check for new issues and credits
- Scan credits immediately and send to team and work with social media to release to public
- Create market pitches with trends and new items
- Assist PR team with event production, organization and set up of press days and special events
- Be available to work fashion events across the company
What’s in it for You:
We take your development seriously and will reward your results. We are committed to giving our team members at all levels exposure and opportunities to develop their experience and connections to promote career growth. We will give you key opportunities that will help you develop connections across the fashion industry and gain exposure to all facets of agency life.
Work/Life Balance (Really?!) Yes! We genuinely like each other and while not all work is fun, all of us chip in to get it done. This is your opportunity to work in a fun and fashion forward environment with high-end luxury clients. You'll be working in a loft-like NYC office space, surrounded by great teammates in a fast-paced, high-achievement culture committed to excellence for our clients. We offer Summer Hours, a very generous PTO policy, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401K, Commuter Benefits and an FSA plan.
- Previous experience, at least one year, within a showroom or PR department (agency or in-house)
- A true interest in fashion and the fashion industry
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships
- Problem solving and solution oriented with a proactive attitude
- Working knowledge of FashionGPS
- Proficient computer skills i.e., Excel and Word (to intermediate level)