MODERN LUXURY IS HIRING AN ASSISTANT MANAGING EDITOR
Established in 1994, MODERN LUXURY is the preeminent luxury lifestyle publisher in the United States, with 50+ titles across 15 major markets— reaching more than 5 million affluent readers. MODERN LUXURY engages in both MRI and MMR research which provides partners with invaluable insight into the spending habits of their active consumer base.
- Managing and meeting editorial deadlines for assigned Magazines/Company publications.
- Trafficking production of files and markets (Magazines) as assigned while maintaining workflow and keeping writers/editors on track to meet deadlines for copy and photo submissions.
- Authoring, researching, reviewing, fact-checking, editing and coordinating art work for stories as assigned for the Magazines/Company’s publications.
- Using InDesign/InCopy, adjusting stories as needed (cutting text to fit, styling text, adding bylines, photo credits and captions), working directly with assigned editors and designers.
- Carefully reviewing the Magazines/Company publications prior to print to ensure that there are no typos, and for accuracy and compliance with style guidelines and AP Style. Must have excellent copy editing skills.
- Assisting the Vice President, Editorial Director
- Bachelor's Degree
- Magazine editing: 1 year