NET-A-PORTER IS HIRING A PAID STYLING INTERN IN NEW JERSEY (12-MONTH INTERNSHIP)
Do your friends look to you for fashion advice? Do you dream of being surrounded by sought-after high-end goods all day? Both NET-A-PORTER and THE OUTNET are looking for creative individuals who want hands-on, insider experience learning what it takes to bring thousands of exclusive designs to life on the world’s premier online luxury fashion destination. Our collaborative team of stylists will guide and mentor you through various aspects of the e-commerce studio process – including putting together inspiring on-trend looks, getting that ‘hero’ shot and bringing our customers the very best product pages. Become an appreciated member of our fast-paced yet incredibly friendly team; we value style, innovation and most of all positivity!
Get Ready to:
- Assist Stylists, Photographers, and Videographers daily on model sets.
- Gain brand knowledge and learn key pieces each season by working on styling aids and projects.
- Learn how to clean, steam, prep and care for luxury clothing and accessories for our model sets.
- Assist in coordinating and tracking samples.
- Learn our sample flow process and ensure samples are returned to the Samples department with right labels/ documentation.
- Help dress the models.
- Learn set standards and styling guidelines for all the top luxury brands.
- Assist with outfit credits and selecting accessories for looks.
- Learn what to look for in poses, on set styling standards, and how to direct an ecomm video.
- Assist Stylists in keeping the styling areas and fashion closet clean and organized. Ensure all items used on set are properly put away.
- Assist stylists with runway inspiration, brand profiles, and other ad hoc projects.
- Help keep us organized and on track for deadlines
- Be a valued member of our fast-paced, hardworking, friendly team!
What We’re Looking for:
- Must be detail oriented and able to take great care and responsibility in handling merchandise.
- Must love fashion!
- Basic understanding of Word, Excel and Outlook essential.
- Ability to take initiative and must have the confidence to learn in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be reliable with excellent organizational skills and very strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and work tight deadlines.
- Must demonstrate an appreciation and understanding of the importance of high quality as a function within the business.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Past work or internship experience in Fashion is a plus.
- Must have availability beginning in September and able to work Monday-Friday, 8 am to 4 pm for a duration of 12 months.
Location: Mahwah, NJ
Hours: 37.5 hours per week working Monday to Fridays from 8am-4pm. Immediate availability required. Must be available for a 12 month, full-time opportunity.
To Apply: Please send an updated CV and a cover letter explaining why you feel you are suited to this role.