SQUARESPACE IS HIRING A PR INTERN
Squarespace is a state-of-the-art website publishing platform that makes innovative web design and technology more accessible to the public than ever before. We empower individuals and businesses of all types to easily create exceptional, well-designed websites, regardless of their technical ability. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who is smart, organized, and well-spoken to join our Communications department as a PR Intern.
This internship is intended for current university students in the NYC area during summer 2017. Ideally, the internship will start in the spring and continue into the 2018 school year.
- Support Squarespace’s PR and Communications Team to gain valuable, hands-on media relations experience
- Assist in writing pitches and press materials
- Research, build, and maintain media lists
- Monitor relevant news outlets and create coverage reports
- General support on various external and internal communications activities and projects
- Minimum commitment of 20 hours per week at Squarespace HQ in New York City
- An interest in tech, design, or both
- Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, and written), research capabilities, and outstanding attention to detail
- Flawless grammar, especially when it comes to apostrophes and possessive forms
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Proficiency with standard Microsoft Office tools and Cisionpoint
- Squarespace experience a plus!
Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. In your cover letter, please include your available start date and if you are interested in continuing into the fall.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 600 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about ( http://www.squarespace.com/about ).
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.