STEWART WEITZMAN IS HIRING A PR ASSISTANT
The Public Relations Assistant will assist the EVP of Global Communications in the creation and implementation of global and digital strategic, multi-faceted communications designed to build and strengthen the organization’s role as an accessible luxury brand within the media through print, broadcast, and digital channels.
Location: New York City, NY
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the increased productivity of the product placement program through daily sample trafficking for editorial pulls - taking direction and supervision from PR manager in regards to all PR closet activity
- Coordinate monthly reports of targeted competitor brands coverage in print, broadcast, internet and social channels.
- Act as support to all foreign PR agencies and International in-house partner PR contacts regarding photography, factory orders, sample coordination for USA shoots for foreign publications, and compiling of global editorial clippings with monthly and special project reports. Assist EVP with monitoring foreign agencies/contacts progress to ensure credits in targeted luxury global publications, especially local market’s advertisers.
- Circulate all European, China, Hong Kong, Canada & Middle East editorial communication alerts as well as USA communications alerts to internal Stuart Weitzman team weekly.
- Team member of seasonal creative PR wardrobe and trend selections.
- Manage the coordination of showroom borrowed samples with Showroom Assistant.
- Coordinate and assist with production of all press materials and seasonal look books
- Manage department by keeping and booking schedules, appointments, and travel for team.
- Manage press imagery and upload to ftp for press use
- Maintain seasonal press calendar noting all priority/launches and initiative
- Research and manage update press contact list and database
- Assist with seasonal presentations and one-on-one appointments with collections to editors/bloggers with team as needed
- Manage guest list and logistics for press previews and editorial special events
Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have solid understanding of fashion trends and industry
- Problem analysis and problem solving skills
Computer Equipment and Software Requirements
- Advanced computer skills including all Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint)
- Adobe Photoshop and InDesign skills a plus
Education and Experience Required
- College Degree
- Minimum one years of experience preferably in a luxury brand
- Prior work experience in marketing, communications and/or public relations preferably in the apparel/retail business