THE WALKER MARCHANT GROUP IS HIRING A FALL PUBLIC RELATIONS INTERN
The Walker Marchant Group (WMG) seeks interns to work with a dynamic public relations team. WMG is a strategic communications firm specializing in corporate communications, corporate brand management, strategic media relations, issues management, litigation communications and opinion leader outreach. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., WMG provides local, national and global corporations with senior-level strategic communications counsel and execution. WMG has strong relationships with national and local media throughout the country and has implemented public education, grassroots and opinion leader campaigns that have increased awareness and changed public opinion.
- Conducting background research on clients and potential clients.
- Monitoring the media for stories related to clients or clients’ interests.
- Assisting in drafting media materials.
- Assisting with client event management.
- Participating in client conference calls and internal team meetings.
- Proofreading and editing documents.
- Providing additional account support as needed.
- Assisting with daily administrative work.
WMG employs 2-3 interns each season. They pride ourselves on the strength of the program and our small team-oriented environment, which gives interns the opportunity to contribute at every level. Hours can vary, but they encourage interns to work full-time if possible in order to gain the best experience. they look for individuals interested in communications, political outreach and public relations.